Corrective & Therapeutic Exercises
Corrective & Therapeutic Exercises for Plainfield Spine and Rehab
At Plainfield Spine and Rehabilitation, we believe that the best way to treat pain and improve your overall health is through a combination of chiropractic care and corrective exercises. Our team of experienced chiropractors and physical therapists will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that includes the right exercises for your specific needs.
Corrective exercises are designed to make changes in the way your body moves. They are targeted exercises that help correct issues arising from dysfunctional movement patterns and muscular imbalances, which can lead to discomfort, pain, or injury over time. Our experts work closely with patients to identify these imbalances, designing a personalized program of exercises to be performed in our clinic and at home. The objective is not just to treat the symptoms, but to address the root causes of the discomfort.
We offer a variety of corrective and therapeutic exercises that can be tailored to your individual needs. Some of the most common exercises we prescribe include:
- Knee to chest stretch: Lie on your back with your knees bent. Bring one knee up to your chest and hold it there for 30 seconds. Repeat with the other leg.
- Cat-cow pose: Start on your hands and knees, with your back flat. As you inhale, arch your back like a cat. As you exhale, round your back like a cow. Repeat 10 times.
- Bird dog pose: Start on your hands and knees, with your back straight. Extend your right arm and left leg out in front of you. Hold for 5 seconds. Repeat on the other side.
- Wall sit: Stand facing a wall with your feet shoulder-width apart. Lean back against the wall until your knees are bent at a 90-degree angle. Hold for 30 seconds.
- Squats: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Bend your knees and lower your body down until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Hold for a moment, then stand back up.
- We also offer a variety of other exercises that can help to improve your flexibility, strength, and balance. If you are interested in learning more about corrective and therapeutic exercises, please contact our office today.
Benefits of Corrective and Therapeutic Exercises
There are many benefits to incorporating corrective and therapeutic exercises into your treatment plan. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Reduced pain: Exercise can help to reduce pain by increasing blood flow to the affected area and strengthening the muscles around the spine.
- Improved posture: Good posture can help to reduce stress on the spine and improve overall health.
- Prevention of further injury: Exercise can help to strengthen the muscles and improve flexibility, which can help to prevent further injury.
- Improved overall health: Exercise can help to improve overall health by reducing stress, improving mood, and boosting energy levels.
If you are suffering from back pain, neck pain, or other pain, please contact our office today to learn more about how corrective and therapeutic exercises can help you.